Well, maybe not. Perhaps Regulus really did believe in his family’s bigotry and perhaps he didn’t, but the lesson we learn as readers, and Regulus must have learnt for himself, is that he’d flaming well better had. Watching his older brother clash with their parents and then seeing him ripped apart from the family, blasted off the family tree as if he no longer existed, must have provided a salutary lesson for young Regulus. His parents love was conditional.
Though he may never have thought it through consciously, the lesson from his parents’ falling-out with Sirius was stark and alarming: Sirius didn’t do what mum and dad want, so they don’t love him anymore. If I don’t do what mum and dad want, they won’t love me either."
Currently watching catching fire
how I’m feeling: fuck yeah
- steve introducing bucky to the avengers
- all of them being instantly accepting of him
- bucky speaking russian with natasha
- clint teaching bucky all about archery and television
- thor inviting bucky to go out drinking with him
- tony offering to upgrade bucky’s arm
- bucky hanging out with bruce in his lab late at night
- bucky barnes being loved and having a family